Schedule a Consultation: (678) 680-6983

My House is in Foreclosure, Should I Hire an Attorney?

Bad luck can fall on anyone. A lost job, medical bills, or personal struggles can get in the way of paying the bills that once were manageable. If you are struggling to pay your mortgage payment each month, you may wonder what options are available to you. If you are saying to yourself, “my house is in foreclosure, what should I do”, hiring an attorney may be the best choice you can make during this difficult and scary time.

Help! My House Is in Foreclosure

If your house is in foreclosure and you want to keep your home, you should hire an attorney. Are you already behind on your payments and your home is in foreclosure? Now is a good time to consider hiring an attorney.

If your loan servicer has acted inappropriately, you should hire an attorney. In some circumstances, a loan servicer takes in appropriate actions when trying to put a house in foreclosure. If your loan servicer failed to follow foreclosure procedures, you may have a case. In addition, if they cannot provide proper evidence that they own the loan or if a mistake was made on your account, you may have a legitimate defense against foreclosure.

If your attempts to modify a loan have been denied, you should hire an attorney. It isn’t uncommon for homeowners to take action once they realize they can no longer make their payments. If you submitted a loan modification application, but your request was denied, an attorney may be able to help you. An attorney can help you pursue other options for loan modification so you can continue to live in your home.

Howe & Associates Can Help You Stay in Your Home

If you are facing your house being in foreclosure, and you want to do what you can to stay in your home, hiring an experienced attorney is the next step you should consider. To learn more about working with one of the lawyers at Howe & Associates when your house is in foreclosure, call 678-566-6800.